Skip to main content

Welcome

Welcome to my word garden!
I’m Ashley and I am a writer, a reader, a poet, a cat lover, music obsessed, and nature addicted.
Honestly, my whole life consists of music, words, and staring out windows with my cats. And that is just how I like it!
I have dreamed of being a writer since I was 7 years old and didn’t like how “boring” the picture book I was reading was. I decided to shape the pictures into a whole new story and I haven’t stopped shaping stories since. From atrocious attempts at fantasy novels to random short stories to nature based poetry and experimental fiction to drowning out the negativity with lyrics and music I have filled my life with words. Words, more than anything, have given me life. I don’t know what I would do without them.
I decided to start this blog for myself at first as I have wanted to get my work and lifeblood out there but have always pulled myself back from truly doing it. Fear, nerves, shyness, etc. have always held me back until now. But now I also want to be for others out there who just can’t escape the wildness of language, all those future people who will come to love literature and words like I do, and for those who are looking for a new passion in life.
You see . . . I recently graduated and am jobless at the moment. I don’t have much job experience except being a waitress for a few years and I seem to be struggling to figure out where the hell I’m going right now. So, I decided the best thing I can do is to write. Words have always been my safe haven . . . my garden if you will. They help ground me and help me to find myself when I need it the most. I am going to write on here because I know there are quite a lot of young people out there who are in the same position I am: A liberal arts major with a broken compass. I hope, maybe, my poetry, shorts, book reviews, and music appreciation will give inspiration to others.
If you don’t know where to go . . . write yourself a new path.
That is what I have decided to do!
AJ

Comments